Why did President Trump pick a fight with the NFL? That is a great question. Social media is on fire, and everyone has an opinion about the protesting NFL players. People of all walks of life have strong feelings one way or the other about this subject. I do not think anyone knows why the President called out protesting football players, so all we can do is speculate. I suppose my opinion is just as good as anyone else’s, so here is my list.
- If you are not a fan of the President, it would be easy to think that he is mad because of slights from professional athletes. Lebron James actively campaigned for Hillary Clinton. Steph Curry has been critical of the President. Basically, all of the cool kids in the sporting world are anti-Trump. I guess it is possible President Trump lashed out at the NFL and Steph Curry because he is petty and vindictive, but I do not think this is the reason.
- If you are a fan of the President, you might think he is disappointed and saddened by the players protesting the National Anthem. I think all Americans should be worried about the state of the country, and it is quite sad to see professional athletes protesting the National Anthem. I am not convinced that the President created such a fire storm because of a lack of patriotism by NFL players.
- If you are a cynical person, you could surmise he did it for political benefits. Going to war with the NFL might not seem like a good idea, but it might fire up his base. If the President said that they sky was blue, Democrats would disagree. The left will never go along with the President. There is no way for him to appease his opponents. If he wants to make his base happy, picking a fight with people who are protesting America is smart. I would not be surprised if his approval ratings go up.
- If you believe in conspiracies, the President is fighting the New World Order. George Soros is a major funder of almost all liberal causes including Black Lives Matter. According to Fox News, BLM has received 33 million dollars from George Soros. It is quite easy to believe that Soros would like to see America fundamentally changed. It is possible President Trump believes NFL players are being used as anti-American propaganda tools.
- It is possible President Trump is a petty and vindictive man. It is also possible he is trying to save America from unsavory individuals. I tend to believe the latter because America is in serious trouble. Taking a knee or staying in the locker room during the National Anthem is not going to unify America. It is time for professional athletes to become positive role models instead of disrespectful asses.